November 4th, 2010
Anyfeed Slideshow: One Week After Launch
A week ago yesterday, I launched the Anyfeed Slideshow plug-in for WordPress. There were a few bugs, which I tackled as soon as I could. It’s been a little over a week now, and I’ve averaged about 1 revision per day since then, each resolving little bugs as they popped up. I checked the statistics on the WordPress site, and wanted to share them here, because I can barely believe them!
That is not a small number!! Wow! They like it! They really like it! :D
Plans for version 1.1
As the bugs appear to be mostly worked out now, I plan to release version 1.1 in the near future. The new major version will include a number of requested new features:
- The ability to leave the title bar up, even when the mouse isn’t hovering over the plug-in
- The ability to change the color of the loading text
- A color picker instead of just text boxes in the widget configuration menu
- The ability to select the target window for slide show item links
- The option to enable (browser side) image scaling within the slide show
- The ability to show more then one concurrent widget instance
Do you have a feature you’d like to have added? Please feel free to ask below in the comments!