I have received many comments about the Anyfeed Slideshow; there is a bug in the present version I intend to work out with an upcoming release. We’ve had company since a week before Christmas; between that and work I’ve had no free time to hammer out anything productive. I have not forgotten about you! Many apologies for the delays, I will do my absolute best to get that out A.S.A.P.!
A week ago yesterday, I launched the Anyfeed Slideshow plug-in for WordPress. There were a few bugs, which I tackled as soon as I could. It’s been a little over a week now, and I’ve averaged about 1 revision per day since then, each resolving little bugs as they popped up. I checked the statistics on the WordPress site, and wanted to share them here, because I can barely believe them!
That is not a small number!! Wow! They like it! They really like it! :D
Plans for version 1.1
As the bugs appear to be mostly worked out now, I plan to release version 1.1 in the near future. The new major version will include a number of requested new features:
- The ability to leave the title bar up, even when the mouse isn’t hovering over the plug-in
- The ability to change the color of the loading text
- A color picker instead of just text boxes in the widget configuration menu
- The ability to select the target window for slide show item links
- The option to enable (browser side) image scaling within the slide show
- The ability to show more then one concurrent widget instance
Do you have a feature you’d like to have added? Please feel free to ask below in the comments!
I am very pleased to announce my first independently published project: The Anyfeed Slideshow. This one has been a long time in the making, which started from the desire to display images from an RSS feed on a blog at the office. The idea spawned, that no other plug-in had the capability of taking any RSS feed and extracting a slide show from it, so I went to work.
The plug-in has been tested on a few different systems, all with good results. After some consideration, I added a general public license to the code and looked into registering the plug-in with WordPress. Lo and behold, as of today, the plug-in is officially published on WordPress.org, and available for download from within supporting WordPress blogs.
I’ve already had my first bug found and fixed- It would seem that single image RSS feeds wouldn’t start playing. This has since been fixed and released! Another issue reported was the error “Cannot write RSS feed”, which means the script may not have permission to write to the temp folder. That might require a proxy script to pull the file live, instead of storing and caching it locally.
In any event, I’m totally stoked.